Passeport & visa
Anyone making a trip to Mauritius must hold a passport valid for six months after the return date and have a return ticket. Nationals of the European Union do not need a visa.
- have an identity card valid for 6 months after return from travel
- be in possession of a return airline ticket
- justify a firm booking for accommodation
- have sufficient funds to cover their living expenses
subject to validation of the information these travel facilities would be renewed and valid until May 2011.
Some useful addresses
Embassy of Mauritius in France (visas)
127 rue de Tocqueville, 75017 Paris
Tel. : 01 42 27 30 19
Visa Services: Open Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 12:30.
Embassy of France in Mauritius
14, Rue Saint-Georges - Port-Louis Tel. : (+230) 202 0100 Fax : (+230) 202 0110
Mauritius Tourism Office
124 , boulevard Haussmann, 75008 Paris.
Tel. : 01 44 69 34 50. www.ot-maurice.com
Vaccines & Health
- No vaccinations are required for travelers coming from Europe. There is no malaria risk in Mauritius or Rodrigues.
- Pharmacies are very numerous, they are generally open Monday through Saturday from 8:30 A.M. to 6.00 P.M or 7.00 P.M.
- Avoid drinking tap water.
- The doctors are not as well equipped as in Europe, but for large seed, we quickly join The Reunion Island and its excellent hospitals.